Our Binchotan briquettes work perfectly in Konro grills but can also be used in place of regular charcoal in any BBQ grill. Loved by professionals around the world since it burns at a steady temperature and for longer periods of time than ordinary charcoal and doesn’t produce any unpleasant odours, making it ideal for sealing in natural flavours.
Binchotan briquettes use no binders, no smell so ideal for Tandoor ovens, grills, kettles, josper, rotisseries and baking on open grills.
Burn time 3hr+ best on the market for price.
The unique Hexagonal or Square briquettes (shapes may vary) with a hole in the centre creates longer burn times and has excellent combustion properties. They are easy to light and are packed in 10kg cartons. The hexagonal briquettes is an excellent choice for professionals, the burn time of the briquette is approx 3 hours, they are ready in just 40 minutes.
100% Natural briquette made from wood, no chemicals binders
- 10 kg carton packaging
- Low ash level
- Diameter large 42mm
- Length of briquettes 20-30 cm
- Constant no flame heat
- No odours
Lighting Tip: See pics.
- Break a full briquette into half then smaller bits sizes of walnuts
- Place smaller pieces over our famous natural flamers (x5-8) and light
- When the smaller bits have caught the flame (ie red) then add larger pieces as required. [will take about 20mins]
- Start with half briquettes then add full sizes as required.
Oxford Charcoal Tip:
- After lighting, wait for the briquettes to whiten then line up in a single row to even the heat distribution
- To slow down burn at any time, simply cover the briquettes with its own ash, to starve the oxygen – don’t smother or it will go out!
- To ‘switch-on’ the heat, shake the ash from each briquette to continue cooking
- If you have briquettes that are not fully burned at the end of the day, simply quench them in a tub of water. Dry and re-use next day.